The European Union (EU) Parliament approved the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in April 2016. The law goes into effect May 2018 and is designed to protect EU citizens’ personally identifiable information (PII). It applies not just to EU-based companies, but any company collecting PII on EU citizens. Gartner is reporting that more than half of the companies they surveyed that are affected by GDPR will not be in full compliance by the end of 2018*. The good news? ECMNOW makes it easy to comply.
- Leverage our patented artificial intelligence (AI) engine to recognize and sort personal information that needs to be protected from the personal information that does not.
- Enable administrators to instantly respond to customers requests to update or delete their data improving the organization’s ability to maintain compliance.
- Quickly get setup with extensive security settings across the entire organization and restrict access to PII.
- Combine multiple systems with simple point-and-click integrations to ensure GDPR requirements are being maintained across the entire organization.
- Track all user activity, including attempts at accessing protected data without proper security clearance.
- Ensure your customer’s private information is securely protected 100% of the time with document encryption during transmission and at rest.
- Reduce operational expenses by eliminating hardware and IT costs by managing records in the cloud.
- Automatic document tracking ensures audits are a breeze, saving the entire organization not only time but money.
- Avoid costly fines through extensive security settings ensuring private information remains private.
The GDPR will affect not only EU-based organizations, but many data controllers and processors outside the EU as well. Threats of hefty fines, as well as the increasingly empowered position of individual data subjects tilt the business case for compliance and should cause decision makers to re-evaluate measures to safely process personal data. — Bart Willemsen, Research Director, Gartner
How Does ECMNOW Help with GDPR Compliance?
What if you could ensure all your organization’s data was in compliance with GDPR 100% of the time? With ECMNOW you can comply with GDPR regulations, protect customer data, and enforce system security standards.
Securely Protect Data
Is your data protected in accordance with GDPR regulations? Under GDPR, organizations must securely protect customer data from unauthorized access. With ECMNOW you can ensure your customer’s private information is securely protected 100% of the time with document encryption during transmission and at rest.
Easily Maintain Audit Trails
Can you pull up the history of every document you have? Under GDPR, organizations must track all user activity, including attempts at accessing protected data without proper security clearance. With ECMNOW document tracking is automatically applied making audits a breeze, saving you valuable time and money.
Respond to Requests Quickly
Did you know that your customers have extended rights under the GDPR? Customers can now confirm consent of how their information is being used or request you delete their data. ECMNOW has powerful search functions that allow you to locate, update, and send information electronically in seconds. Improve the speed of information requests and ensure you stay in compliance.
Save Money by Ensuring Compliance
Can you afford to be in violation? Under GDPR, organizations can be subject to fines up to $25 million or 4% of their annual revenue, whichever is larger. ECMNOW provides multiple layers of security, including transmission, system, data, and application security to reduce the time and money your organization has to spend trying to ensure compliance.
Safe from Disaster
Is your organization’s data safe if disaster struck? Electronically protect files from not only unauthorized access, but loss, theft, and natural disasters. With ECMNOW you know your files are always protected safely in the cloud, allowing you to recover from any disaster quickly.
Do you work with multiple systems? Make complying with GDPR simple by combining multiple systems. ECMNOW comes with easy to use point-and-click integrations that make it quick to securely integrate customer information with other line-of-business applications.
With the help of PaperVision® Capture and PaperVision® Enterprise, we’re able to ensure the protection of more than 10,000 records. Vulnerable information is no longer just sitting in drawers. — Mary Peelen, Director of Health Information Services, MHCD
*Gartner (2016). https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3701117