Can your organization confidently claim that your vital business information is securely managed in a consistent system? If not, it may be time to update your information management system. Companies are struggling to manage their big data and this problem will only get worse according to the IDC who predicts the global data sphere to grow 5.3x by 2025. As big data grows, traditional or ‘unlimited’ storage systems are insufficient, leading to data hoarding and information chaos. The most effective way for organizations to securely store, access, and retain vital information is with a System of Record (SoR).
A SoR includes information management policies and systems that securely store critical data, manage the document lifecycle, and empower business process automation. SoR helps organizations manage the chaotic struggle with big data by serving as a primary source for managing your critical data, and as the foundation of any information lifecycle management (ILM). Having an effective SoR benefits your organization in many ways such as:
- Enable project and team collaboration
- Automate business processes
- Receive a great Return on Investment (ROI)
- Manage big data securely
- And even more…
- Do you know how your critical information moves through your company? Is it secure and efficient? Learn more about the specific benefits and features of a SoR with this helpful SoR information lifecycle diagram.
- Can information really be your company’s most valuable asset? This easy-to-read article will help you understand why it’s time to stop thinking about storage and start thinking about a SoR to manage your business information.
- Want to learn more about SoR? Visit this SoR landing page for some resources that will help you get more familiar with SoR. There’s even a fun interactive calculator that shows how much you can save with automation.